Facebook followers of my blog!

Aine MacAodha ~ Poetry and Lens

Aine MacAodha

My photo
Omagh, North Ireland, Ireland
Writer/poet,avid photographer with a great interest in Celtic Myths, Mysticism, crystal healing, orbs in photography, Chemtrails, the sky above and the beauty in the Irish landscape . I live in Omagh North of Ireland where the Sperrin Mountains are my inspiration in any season. I have three poetry books published titled 'Where the Three Rivers Meet' and 'Guth An Anam ~Voice of The Soul and my latest Published by Lapwing Press Belfast, 'Landscape of self'~ You can find my links at top of my blog.

Sunday, 8 November 2009

Review of Söylesi Üç Aylik Siir Dergisi / The Poetry of Islands

Nesrin Eruysal (editor) (2009) Söylesi Üç Aylik Siir Dergisi / The Poetry of Islands


(English and Turkish Language), Solyesi Poetry Review. Freely downloadable from:

http://eleusinian.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/volume-11.pdf.
 
 
Recurring tropes in the poems re-animate the possibilities first articulated in Eryusal’s and


Hay’s introductions. In fact, the volume kicks off with a poem by Hay himself, translated

into Turkish by Eryusal. More generally, many of the poets draw strong analogues between

the life of the island and the body, or island life: for Dimitris Lentzis, the island and the

physical body are afloat in a sea of water and emotion; for Immanuel Mifsud, the water

becomes a metaphor for the soul and vice versa; for Aine MacAodha, the island and ‘life’

are inseparable.

No comments: