Facebook followers of my blog!

Aine MacAodha ~ Poetry and Lens

Aine MacAodha

My photo
Omagh, North Ireland, Ireland
Writer/poet,avid photographer with a great interest in Celtic Myths, Mysticism, crystal healing, orbs in photography, Chemtrails, the sky above and the beauty in the Irish landscape . I live in Omagh North of Ireland where the Sperrin Mountains are my inspiration in any season. I have three poetry books published titled 'Where the Three Rivers Meet' and 'Guth An Anam ~Voice of The Soul and my latest Published by Lapwing Press Belfast, 'Landscape of self'~ You can find my links at top of my blog.

Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Ancestral home.


Ancestral home.
Originally uploaded by Aine MacAodha
Taken near Sloughen Glen just outside Omagh/Drumquin, Out of the side of a hill, amid brambles and giant ferns, a shell of a house appears with postcard views out over the Tyrone countryside,I listen to the quiet sounds of spring, and remember that the regeneration of small towns has crept nearer and nearer to the beauty spots. One day thismay well be gone.

1 comment:

Eileen T O'Neill - Written Words said...

Aine,
This photograph is evoking such fantastic memories, of wonderful childhood days spent on holiday at my grandmother's home, in the heart of Country Tyrone. The homestead in the picture, was of a very familiar sight to my eyes, as a child!
Lovely memories.
Best wishes, Eileen