Facebook followers of my blog!

Aine MacAodha ~ Poetry and Lens

Aine MacAodha

My photo
Omagh, North Ireland, Ireland
Writer/poet,avid photographer with a great interest in Celtic Myths, Mysticism, crystal healing, orbs in photography, Chemtrails, the sky above and the beauty in the Irish landscape . I live in Omagh North of Ireland where the Sperrin Mountains are my inspiration in any season. I have three poetry books published titled 'Where the Three Rivers Meet' and 'Guth An Anam ~Voice of The Soul and my latest Published by Lapwing Press Belfast, 'Landscape of self'~ You can find my links at top of my blog.

Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Imbolc A poem Feb 1s ~ First day of spring stirring~



Imbolc is a feast dedicated to the Goddess in her maiden aspect, in her guise as Brigid, Bridget, Bride, Brighid, Brigit or Brig - goddess of learning, poetry, prophesying, craftmanship, agriculture and healing. Imbolc is considered a traditional healing time and it is a good time to consider ways to improve your health.


A link for Imbolc traditions
http://www.adf.org/rituals/celtic/imbolc/imbolc-traditions.html

2 comments:

D.M. SOLIS said...

Very much enjoying your blog. The photography, the poems, and the overall message and how it serves as a kind of passageway to new discoveries. I guess it resonates with me because of the quality of your work and because the Gate Rune is very important to me. Thank you, peace and all good things for you in your work, in creativity, and in life.

Sincerely,
Diane

D.M. SOLIS said...

P.S. I've been visioning a LOT about bridges lately--in fact I have reworked a number of my projects with this theme in mind, and Feb 1 is my birthday. So, naturally, I'm reading this post with keen interest. Peace,

Diane