Facebook followers of my blog!

Aine MacAodha ~ Poetry and Lens

Aine MacAodha

My photo
Omagh, North Ireland, Ireland
Writer/poet,avid photographer with a great interest in Celtic Myths, Mysticism, crystal healing, orbs in photography, Chemtrails, the sky above and the beauty in the Irish landscape . I live in Omagh North of Ireland where the Sperrin Mountains are my inspiration in any season. I have three poetry books published titled 'Where the Three Rivers Meet' and 'Guth An Anam ~Voice of The Soul and my latest Published by Lapwing Press Belfast, 'Landscape of self'~ You can find my links at top of my blog.

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Draiocht ~ a poem










                                                                 ~ Oak Lake ~










Draiocht


Magic happens in the cool waters of healing wells
making the journey under clay; to offer up
cures within its life force.

I’ve seen it as winter blends its end of days
into the arrival of spring. On mountains
and boundaried fields as morning mist
vanishes.

Within myself when i forget the world a while
do nothing except listen to the order of things
or stare into space.

Within the lunar cycles when moon phases
stir the spirit in an ancient way; as it passes
on its journey.

Its there too on the faces of new born babies;
reddened from the delicate path taken
from womb to world, dark to light.



First published in Pirene's Fountain.

No comments: