Facebook followers of my blog!

Aine MacAodha ~ Poetry and Lens

Aine MacAodha

My photo
Omagh, North Ireland, Ireland
Writer/poet,avid photographer with a great interest in Celtic Myths, Mysticism, crystal healing, orbs in photography, Chemtrails, the sky above and the beauty in the Irish landscape . I live in Omagh North of Ireland where the Sperrin Mountains are my inspiration in any season. I have three poetry books published titled 'Where the Three Rivers Meet' and 'Guth An Anam ~Voice of The Soul and my latest Published by Lapwing Press Belfast, 'Landscape of self'~ You can find my links at top of my blog.

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Blog Hop ~

                                         Blog Hop


Very happy to be tagged by Colin Dardis in a writers blog called, 'The next big thing'  in which the writer answers ten questions on their work in progress, then tag a few other writers to do the same. I enjoyed this as it gives me more drive to write regularly on my blog and find out what other writers are up to next.

 For Colins  posts and blog ~

http://100poems30days1challenge.blogspot.co.uk/

http://lowlightsforlowlifes.weebly.com/


My 10 questions:


 1) What is the title of your next book

 Just finished a third book of poetry,  ' landscape of self '

2) Where did the idea come from for the book

 Apart from Poetry, I read a lot of books on metaphysics and the mystics, modern, Christian and Eastern  this often reflects in  my poems, like the title itself discovering the landscape within. 

3) What genre does your book fall under?

Poetry

4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

 myself ~

5) what is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

 50 poems reflecting the inner and outer journey of a country girl and her spiritual travels since.

6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I am living in the hope a publishing house will accept this book, my first two were self published. I am also working on a memoir which is taking a lot of time to write as I tend to come to a stop on it of late.

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

I try to get as many of the poems published in literature magazines as I can so it is a slow process for me, after that I arrange first drafts so I pretty much add to the draft all the time.

8) What other poetry would you compare this to.

I would like the readers to do the comparing if any. Dream on I suppose.

9) Who or what inspired you to write this book.

This collection was inspired my many things, music for one, have to have music where ever I go, the landscape outer and inner and it was also inspired by the layers we as humans an put on ourselves for protection, you get to a certain age and you have gone through losses which often mark the landscape of self.


10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

I hope the reader journeys with me through the landscapes both inner and outer. I also have quite a few Haiku which I love writing so hopefully the reader will enjoy these too.



~Next week on The next big thing Blog Hop ~

Adrian Fox   Adrianfox.org


Adrian Fox a disabled poet and artist who before his stroke taught creative writing
all over the country, since his stroke he has been trying to find a way
of teaching but as his voice was affected he found it hard to get the natural
flow of a poem so all he can do is try to teach through a blog.
He has an M.A. through lancaster on creative writing. he also has published
four books of poetry by lagan and lapwing press.






Felicity Hayes-McCoy  Felicity Hayes-McCoy Blog




Felicity Hayes-McCoy is a professional writer working in print, broadcast and digital media. Born in Dublin, Ireland, she lives and works in a stone cottage in Corca Dhuibhne, Ireland’s Dingle peninsula, and in a inner-city, former factory building in Bermondsey, London, UK. She blogs about life in both places on her website felicityhayesmccoy.co.uk.
Her memoir The House on an Irish Hillside was published by Hodder & Stoughton UK in June 2012. Checkout its FB page here






 Shirley Hall Author of:

"ONE DAY; Life, Love, and Controversy in Middle America", and  "LISTEN".

 Shirley Hall is an advocate for peace, freedom, and equality Shirley challenges social, economical, religious, and political agendas through controversial poetry and essays. Her work is provocative, inspirational, and insightful. As a voice for the people behind the story, her poems minister to current affairs and emotions; befitting life’s challenges - and our times. "My poetry is a teaching tool. It forces mankind to confront the consequences resulting from their decisions and face the snubbed realities of today’s “everyman”. Shirley has presented her poems in colleges, universities, social and professional venues. A diversified writer, widely read poet, and noted public speaker, her controversial bodies of work are read and appreciated worldwide















No comments: